Fine jewelry is an investment but it doesn't have to break the bank. The 5 pieces of jewelry you should start thinking about collecting should be timeless designs. Your collection should start off with pieces you can enjoy wearing daily then expand from there. When it comes to buying fine jewelry, quality is key so I suggest purchasing from a local or handmade designer!
Everyday fine jewelry purchases will force you to make decisions based on your style, lifestyle and budget. Believe it or not buying "cheap" jewelry adds up big time! Instead, I suggest creating a plan for the top 3-5 pieces you want to start collecting. Now remember, this is just your everyday pieces, we'll save your dream collection for another post. I have compiled a list of 5 "everyday" pieces based on women who love simplicity with a bit of flair!
1. A simple pair of diamond stud earrings. Depending on your budget you can buy 3/4 ct- 2 ct. I suggest white gold or platinum, but if you love yellow gold they will look just as beautiful.
2. Simple pendant necklace. I suggest a lovely pearl or maybe your favorite gemstone. This is important to consider because you will be happy to wear it often if you are clear regarding your style and what you love! Impulse buys hurt your bank account and people tend to not wear pieces as often. This goes for every area of our life, when you take time to consciously think about what you want you will make responsible, feel good purchases.
3. A cuff bracelet. Simple and dainty is important for this one because it will look great worn alone or layered. I have a few suggestions, dainty bezel ends with your favorite gem, pearls or diamonds. A cuff with tiny diamonds along the top of the cuff or a plain cuff in your favorite metal color.
4. The almighty cocktail ring! We all need a fabulous cocktail ring in our jewelry collection. If you make the right decision based on your personal style, you will love your purchase and wear it all the time. It will be your statement piece. Again, go with your favorite gem, pearl, or solid metal. Make sure it's bold and you absolutely love it. It will be with you for a very long time and will pay for itself so don't be afraid to splurge.
5. Hoop earrings. Women love hoops, they are classic and look great with any outfit so why not invest in a quailty pair. Choose a pair that will compliment your personal style. Options are endless for hoop earrings so make sure you choose a design and size you will get the most use out of.
If it becomes overwhelming choose a classic style in your favorite metal! With proper care, jewelry can last a lifetime. It can be handed down to children, younger sisters, nieces, goddaughters, and so on. Jewelry almost always is bought for a special reason and brings about feelings of happiness and warm memories. And the good news is you can have your 5 staple pieces sooner than you think. If you take out time to think about your first collection you can share it with loved ones. You have about 4-6 opportunities to ask for your everyday fine jewelry pieces as gifts this year alone. Now when asked what you would life for the holidays, your birthday, Valentine's day, your anniversary, or Mother's day you can offer a well thought out list. Always be honest with yourself and your budget.
Choose pieces priced within your budget (unless a gift of course) or save until you can purchase them one by one. This should be fun and carefully thought out so enjoy the process!
Click here to see great pieces to consider!