Happy Thursday! I recently returned from a fun weekend trip to Portland, Maine. The hubs and I were celebrating our anniversary and have always wanted to visit Maine so we finally booked a last minute trip, yay! Old Portland is quaint, lined with cobblestone streets, cute storefronts and the people are friendly.
I'm sharing my favorite places to eat, shop, sightsee and late night drinks in Old Portland. During our stay we also visited Old Orchard Beach and Kennebunkport. Old Orchard Beach is a fun family friendly community with a nice beach, restaurants, shops and a fun amusement park. It's definitely a great place to visit with kids and teens or if you want to feel like a kid again and ride the ferris wheel like I did! Kennebunkport is by far my favorite beach community. It's quaint, feels secluded, has great restaurants and Goose Rock Beach has the softest sand.
We had lunch at the Tides Beach Club in Kennebunkport and fell in love with this place. It's designed by Jonathan Adler and it's light airy feel is welcoming. It's the perfect setting to lounge on the front lawn or porch sipping a yummy cocktail. Goose Rock Beach is right across the street which makes the Tides Beach Club the ideal location for a romantic beach getaway.
Here is a list of my favorites places in Old Portland:
1.The North Point - Great food and drinks and away from the crowds.
2. DuckFat- Delicious sandwiches.
3. Holy Donut- OMG...I can't say enough about these donuts. Made of potatoes, they are a must and make sure to be there before 1p.m because they sell out everyday. My favorite is the dark chocolate sea salt donut.
4. Vena's Fizz House- Great mocktails and cocktails.
5. Commercial Street Shops- Cute shops, a mix of local and national brands.
6. Cape Elizabeth Lighthouse- Beautiful place for a picnic, photos and taking in the beauty of the Maine coast.
7. Portland Lobster Company-Yummy fresh lobster rolls and local beers.
8. Shipyard Brewery-Maine's largest brewery, their beer is unique. Make sure to tour the brewery while you're there.
9. Portland Schooner-We didn't have time to take the schooner cruise but it's a beautiful sail and you can bring wine and snacks to enjoy during your sail.
10. Sweetgrass Distillery-We stopped in for a wine and gin tasting and left with a delicious blueberry dessert wine. Oh and you get to keep the cutest tasting glass.
Portland, Maine and the surrounding area are beautiful and will make a sweet getaway. I highly recommend visiting and make sure to plan out your stay beforehand so you have enough time to do everything on your list. Happy traveling!