Happy Thursday! I recently returned from a fun weekend trip to Portland, Maine. The hubs and I were celebrating our anniversary and have always wanted to visit Maine so we finally booked a last minute trip, yay! Old Portland is quaint, lined with cobblestone streets, cute storefronts and the people are friendly.
I'm sharing my favorite places to eat, shop, sightsee and late night drinks in Old Portland. During our stay we also visited Old Orchard Beach and Kennebunkport. Old Orchard Beach is a fun family friendly community with a nice beach, restaurants, shops and a fun amusement park. It's definitely a great place to visit with kids and teens or if you want to feel like a kid again and ride the ferris wheel like I did! Kennebunkport is by far my favorite beach community. It's quaint, feels secluded, has great restaurants and Goose Rock Beach has the softest sand.
We had lunch at the Tides Beach Club in Kennebunkport and fell in love with this place. It's designed by Jonathan Adler and it's light airy feel is welcoming. It's the perfect setting to lounge on the front lawn or porch sipping a yummy cocktail. Goose Rock Beach is right across the street which makes the Tides Beach Club the ideal location for a romantic beach getaway.
Here is a list of my favorites places in Old Portland:
1.The North Point - Great food and drinks and away from the crowds.
2. DuckFat- Delicious sandwiches.
3. Holy Donut- OMG...I can't say enough about these donuts. Made of potatoes, they are a must and make sure to be there before 1p.m because they sell out everyday. My favorite is the dark chocolate sea salt donut.
4. Vena's Fizz House- Great mocktails and cocktails.
5. Commercial Street Shops- Cute shops, a mix of local and national brands.
6. Cape Elizabeth Lighthouse- Beautiful place for a picnic, photos and taking in the beauty of the Maine coast.
7. Portland Lobster Company-Yummy fresh lobster rolls and local beers.
8. Shipyard Brewery-Maine's largest brewery, their beer is unique. Make sure to tour the brewery while you're there.
9. Portland Schooner-We didn't have time to take the schooner cruise but it's a beautiful sail and you can bring wine and snacks to enjoy during your sail.
10. Sweetgrass Distillery-We stopped in for a wine and gin tasting and left with a delicious blueberry dessert wine. Oh and you get to keep the cutest tasting glass.
Portland, Maine and the surrounding area are beautiful and will make a sweet getaway. I highly recommend visiting and make sure to plan out your stay beforehand so you have enough time to do everything on your list. Happy traveling!
Here are the links where you can find all these beach ready looks:
@mcruzjewelry and hashtag your photos with #mcruzjewelry.
Hope you are enjoying your summer so far! The summer is my favorite time of year. Beach days, sunkissed skin, long days and my birthday month are just some of the reasons I love this season. The Coral collection was inspired by my love of summer and I'm excited to introduce a few new pieces of timeless jewelry.
The Mar cuff is the perfect summer and resort staple. Inspired by coral and the ocean, it is a delicate piece that flows like the waves of the ocean. Simple yet bold, this piece is one of our favorites. It is available in 14k brass plated yellow and rose gold and sterling silver. For all you fine gold lovers, you can special order it in 14k-18k solid gold! It will be available on the website soon but if you just can't wait until then send us an email and we'll happily help you.
Now these are cute! Our Victoria earrings are simple, delicate and can be worn two ways. Wear them as long studs or as ear climbers, either way they will stand out and give you that extra sparkle. Each stud has 5, 1 pt. diamonds and are VS1 grade. These earring are made to be enjoyed as often as everyday or occasionally, your choice. They will be available in 14k yellow, white or rose gold. Want a different color diamond? Our pleasure, just drop us an email and we'll make it happen. After all, we love helping you express your creative side!
The Jax studs are fine simplicity. Each stud has 9 diamonds and set by hand in NYC by the very best! Our diamonds are sourced through reputable vendors and we only use the best quality. They can be worn as a stud or ear climber and make a great gift. Are black diamonds more your thing? No worries, since we create our pieces locally and are fortunate to be in the NYC, we can help you create a custom piece to suit your style and personality!
All of our new products will be available online very soon, but until then if you have any questions regarding pre-orders, custom orders or just want to say hey, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It doesn't quite feel like summer is near in NYC this week but I did find really great summer dresses for the season. Summer is one of my favorite seasons because of the long beach days, weekend getaways and overall fun time with family and friends. So in honor of the season, I complied my favorite summer picks. Whether for travel, brunching with the girls, a daytime wedding, rooftop boozing or a weekend getaway these dresses will look fabulous! The best part is they are all available in petite sizes. As a petite lady myself (under 5 ft) I love to find clothes that will fit perfectly and feel it's only right to share with my fellow petite ladies. These dresses are all priced under $159 and these stores frequently offer sales, so if patient, you can snatch these dresses at a great price! I added our Maggie pearl lariat necklace to the mix. It's simple, classic design will compliment these dresses and work well as a layering piece, one of the seasons trends.
Here are the links to all these lovelies:
1. Banana Republic red high low dress; 2. Loft tiered olive green dress;3. Loft short white eyelet dress; 4. Loft black cami dress; 5. Maggie Pearl Lariat; 6. Madewell white off the shoulder dress; 7. Banana Republic V neck dress; 8. Ann Taylor tiered dress; 9. Loft black and white strip dress.
Several of these dresses are 30%-40% off as of today. If you love the Maggie necklace, enjoy 15% off your purchase with code HAPPY.
Happy shopping ladies!